Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Day

(Photo: June 3, 2009 - Canada Flag, not so windy day)

To all Canadians out there - home or abroad - Happy Canada Day!! This post is meant to wish you a happy Canada day and is doubling as my praise post.
So I had my first real shift back at work yesterday. It didn't take me long to remember that I LOVE my job. It was tough to be away from my boys, wondering what they were both up to and how well they were coping without me, but I knew they were in good hands. I felt at home at work and even a bit glad to be back. Given the choice, I think I would still choose to be a full-time Mom and only work part-time, but I don't think I could ever give up my job completly.

God is good, and I am reminded that He has put me EXACTLY where He wants me to be. On that note, I'm glad that place is Canada! What an amazing country we live in. And this amazing country wouldn't be anywhere as great if it weren't for those who bought our freedom. Those who fought and those who fought and gave their lives. I am thankful for the men and woman who continue to defend our country. I am thankful to my Grandfather who fought in WWII and to those who fought along with him. To those who lost their sons, daughters, husbands, wives, sibling - thank you - your loved one paid for my freedom, and the freedom my children enjoy.

Happy Canada Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment