Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Over due blog entry

Needless to say, now that I'm back to work, I have less time to myself. Consiquently, my blog has suffered.

My first few 'real' days back at work went well. I have to admit, I actually enjoyed being back at work. Other than thinking about my boys every now and then, my day was filled with adult interaction. I didn't sing ABCDs or Twinkle Twinkle once. I didn't play with play doh and the only thing I had to worry about come lunch time, was that I actually got a lunch break. I enjoyed being an adult again.
Now I'm enjoying my week off and we are heading home from a few relaxing days at the cottage with my boys and parents. My job has it's perks!

This weekend I start my first night shifts since my return to work. I am not really looking forward to working nights again. The transition I dread is the part where I attempt to sleep during the day. My body resists by waking me up every hour, and even after 8 hours of being in bed, I get up feeling unrested.

Once again I have to praise God for giving me a job I love, even with the night shifts. So many people work at jobs that they hate, and others don't have jobs at all. I'm so greatful for the blessings in my life and for my bed the morning after a night shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment