Thursday, June 4, 2009

Praise Post Thursday!

So I'm doing a weekly Bible study with my friend Mary. Since this week we were talking about the two weapon we have against the enemy - the Word of God and Praise, we decided to start a Praise Post Thursday! So here's my first one. Of course I may throw in a few quotes from the Bible from time to time since that's another weapon, but for today, let's stick with Praise.

First of all in staying with the teachings of my grandfather - it is important that we define the word praise. thefreedictionary.com defines praise as:

1. Expression of approval, commendation, or admiration.

2. The extolling or exaltation of a deity, ruler, or hero.

3. Archaic A reason for praise; merit.

praised, prais·ing, prais·es

1. To express warm approbation of, commendation for, or admiration for.

2. To extol or exalt; worship.

I can see that by praising God, admiring Him, approving of His work, admiring Him, especially during our trials, that we do in fact fight against the enemy (by enemy I mean "the dark side, or Satan, or the devil - the one who has come to kill and destroy). How would the enemy gain a foothold in my life if I'm too busy focusing on the good things God has done and is doing? Have you ever noticed how easy it is to focus on the negative once you start? I sure have. First I notice one thing that has gone wrong and before I know it, I have a whole list. Well the opposite is true as well. So, I'm starting to focus on God and praising Him for what is good in my life! I encourage you, reader, to try it too! In fact, feel free to post your praises as a comment on my post for others to read. Let's encourage one another!

I am in awe of God's creation. How perfect is it that the very thing we need to breath (oxygen) is made by trees and plants? And how perfect that they need our CO2 to make oxygen? A coincidence, unlikely! Spring is such a great time of the year when everything becomes new again and I am really enjoying seeing God's creation through new eyes. I exult God for all He has done and is doing in my life - without Him, I am no more than a sinner, lost, and focusing on myself. What an unhappy way to live, to only focus on me. What joy I have found each and every time when I give up a little bit of myself to help someone else. Praise God!

Praise God that I have trouble spelling (I'm sure you've already noticed). Through my bad spelling readers are forced to read for meaning and try to understand what I am talking about rather than just reading the words on a page. I praise God that He has put me in a place where I am seeing my dreams fulfilled, and a place where I know God has so much more planned for me! I am overjoyed that I am healthy and young and am able to spend a lot of time with my boys. God is good and so faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment